Our team of Transport planners work closely with our clients and highway and planning authorities to ensure sustainable and policy-compliant development in transport terms. Our services comprise:
- Initial advice on the feasibility of a development in transport terms, including options for achieving access;
- Design of site access, internal layout arrangements, highway masterplanning, car and cycle parking provision, servicing and vehicle swept path assessments;
- Advice on the implications of national and local policy on transport and land use planning relating to new developments, including making representations on behalf of Clients at the consultation stage as new guidance is formulated;
- Preparation of Transport Assessments and Statements to support planning applications in accordance with the National Planning Policy Framework, including consideration of traffic impact, junction capacity analysis and design of off-site highway improvements;
- Preparation of Travel Plans to promote use of sustainable modes of transport to/from the site;
- Negotiations of Section 106 and 278 Agreements, including the level of financial contributions required for transport-related measures;
- Provision of expert witnesses to prepare and give evidence at Examinations in Public, Planning Appeal Hearings and Public Inquiries.